No pictures today, just thoughts...
I have been learning a lot lately about life in general, spiritually speaking. I have come to realize that the most important thing in my life is following Christ and what he has planned and worshipping him, not that I didn't know that before, it is just that in this stage of my life it is becoming more clear to me.
If you know me very well, you know that I am a very organized person by nature (you can thank my mom for that :-), and I tend to dwell on things being in order and life being in order and no chaos happening. I am a planner by nature, but married to a man that IS NOT a planner at all. This can be stressful for me at times, but I have adjusted well to his ways as he has mine. We try to find a happy medium. I can get VERY stressed when things are not in order and I think about it all day, which is not a good trait to have. Until Clancy was born I would let little things bother me, like whether or not my bed was made in the morning. I mean, seriously... is anyone at my house during the day to see it? No... and we live so far out that we rarely even have visitors! That is just an example of one of the crazy things I can let myself stress about. The Lord has really taught me that this is so unecessary and that I am letting things like my house being in order control my life. The way I see it, if I spend a whole day worrying about crazy things like that then I have wasted a day loving the Lord and being joyful. This has really become evident to me over the past few months.
There are so many things going on in mine and Clint's life right now that it can be stressful, but I just have to sit back and look at the big picture and take it one day at a time. Life is so much more joyful when I do that. I think we all can get caught up in so many "worries" that we do let it control our lives and it can take our joy away if we let it. I am determined to not let that happen. There is always tomorrow to get my bed made and to get the laundry done. Right now what is important is following Christ and worshipping him and also spending time with my precious family! I never want to neglect them because things are "out of order."
The Bible says in Matthew 6:34, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." and that is so true! In 1 Thessalonians 5:16 - 18 it says, "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I want to give thanks to the Lord no matter what is going on in my life, no matter how hectic it might be, HE is still in control and all things will work out when we follow his will. I am excited about what the future holds and also excited about what the Lord is teaching me!
I hope that you don't mind me sharing what is on my heart, hopefully it wasn't too rambly (is that a word?) maybe someone out there needed to hear this as much as I needed to write it. Man... blogging is VERY therapeutic!!
Until next time... Bridget
Lea's Prime Purchases
9 months ago



3 comments:
Well, I don't know if your blog today inspired anyone else, but it sure inspired your Mom. You will be way ahead if you continue to think this way and the Lord will pour out His blessings in an even greater way. Love you bunches!
Well, I need it hear it! Thank you!
Always think of Mary and Martha!
Your heart has always been in the right place, His reminders come when needed.
Love you!
Sara
Post a Comment